As per the Archdiocese of Hartford, effective Wednesday, June 9th, 2021, for those who are vaccinated, wearing masks will now be optional while at Mass, at other liturgies, and at any indoor or outdoor events held at our churches. Those who remain unvaccinated should continue to wear masks, with particular attention being given to the safety of young, unvaccinated children.
Also, for now, ministers who are distributing Holy Communion should continue to follow the directives that have been previously issued, including wearing a mask and sanitizing prior to distribution.
- As a reminder, effective as of May 22, 2021, the general dispensation from the obligation to attend Mass in person on Sundays and Holy Days of Obligation will no longer be in force.
However, since the risk of infection, though diminished, still remains, the following individuals may very legitimately decide not yet to attend church:
- Those suffering from serious pre-existing conditions making them more susceptible to COVID-19
- Those who are ill, homebound or who are caregivers in close contact with someone who is
- Those who have tested positive for any contagious disease, including COVID-19
- Those who are in quarantine due to exposure to any contagion, or who reside with someone who is quarantined.
These individuals are encouraged to continue viewing televised and live streamed Masses.
The following indoor guidelines have been changed effective as of May 22nd:
- 100% capacity with no pew tape/ropes or specific social distancing
- Congregational singing is permitted once again (wearing a mask is now optional as long as you have been fully vaccinated)
- Holy water fonts will remain empty and there will still be no Offertory procession
- We will continue to use the offertory boxes in lieu of passing the basket. The boxes can be found in each section of the Church
- 100% capacity in the Hall with use of tables and no specific social distancing
- Masks are now optional following the new directives of being fully vaccinated