The Archdiocese of Hartford released the following information based the State’s guidelines changing on May 10, 2021. Please read all of the information below carefully, and reach out to the Parish Office with any questions.
You can also visit:
Archdiocese of Hartford
where both letters dated May 10th are posted. We look forward to continuing to welcome you back to Mass!
1) As of Saturday, May 22, 2021, the General Dispensation from the obligation to attend Mass in person on Sundays and Holy Days of Obligation will be lifted.
However, since the risk of infection, though diminished, still remains, the following individuals with valid health concerns or fears about the virus may very legitimately decide not yet to attend:
- Those suffering from serious pre-existing conditions making them more susceptible to COVID-19;
- Those who are ill or homebound or who are caregivers in close contact with someone who is;
- Those who have tested positive for any contagious disease, including COVID-19;
- Those who are in quarantine due to exposure to any contagion, or who reside with someone who is quarantined.
2) Live-Streaming will continue for the time being for those who still cannot attend in-person.
3) The following indoor guidelines will change on May 22nd:
- 100% capacity with no pew ropes or specific social distancing
- Masks are still required inside
- Congregational singing is permitted once again with masks, although we will not encourage full congregational singing at St. George until a later date, to allow our parishioners time to ease back into in-person Mass.
- Sign of Peace can continue but with no hand contact
- Holy water fonts will remain empty and there will still be no Offertory procession
- We will continue to use the offertory boxes located at each entrance of the church in lieu of passing the basket